CONTAINER FIELD CLERK TUTORIAL
GARDEN CITY TERMINALS (G.C.T.) CONTAINER FIELD CLERK
This tutorial was created by a few non-officer members as a primer for new clerks and is not intended to be a full job description document.
One of the major reasons shipping lines choose Savannah is how fast we get ships out; the field clerk is a major player in that. Keep them coming and you will have the job of a lifetime.
Basically, you will receive from the ship and deliver containers to it at stacks in the field.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader to your System if needed
DOWNLOADS BY CHAPTER
1. ARRIVING, SIGN IN AND GETTING WORK MATERIALS
2. WORKING THE FIELD
3. RADIO & HANDHELD
4. CONTAINER STACKS
5. GAME PLAN
6. SPACE SHEET AND TYPES OF CONTAINERS
7. DISCHARGE AND LOAD SEQUENCE SHEETS
8. LOAD SEQUENCE SHEETS
9. EMPTY STACK BAY PLANS
10. SCHEMATIC OF A HATCH (SHIP BAY)
11. SAFETY AND MISCELLANEOUS INFO
12. GLOSSARY OF TERMS